Brides and Grooms-to-be
Every bride and groom wants to look and feel their best on their wedding day. Follow our simple guidelines for the two weeks before your big day to ensure you are ready!
For radiant skin, your skin must be continually supplied with oxygen, vitamins, minerals, essential fats and protein. It is also important to detoxify effectively, particularly via the liver, to eliminate waste materials. Good digestion is vital – inflammation and an imbalance of gut bacteria can often be contributing factors to poor skin conditions. Fluctuating hormone levels may contribute to acne, along with constipation and poor detoxification. IBS can also indicate poor absorption of nutrients, such as zinc, vitamins A & B, and essential fats.
A FLAT TUMMY
Focus on eating foods that won’t cause bloating or digestive issues. Start by cutting out all processed food. Gluten can cause bloating for some – no more than one slice of bread daily.
The run-up to a wedding can be very busy and stressful. Early nights may not be possible when finalising table plans and you will need stamina to get through the day itself. Balancing your blood-sugar levels will help maintain stable energy levels. Start the day off well with a low-sugar breakfast and try to eat plenty of first-class protein to keep you from snacking. Lunch should be your biggest meal of the day – lots of protein and vegetables or salad. Keep your evening meal light and fresh.
There are certain foods that are known to have a calming effect on your body. Here are a few:
• Gut-supporting foods: fruit and veg of all sorts. Try fermented foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut and kefir
• Omega 3s: oily fish such as salmon and mackerel
• Magnesium: sunflower seeds, quinoa, oats, brown rice, lentils, spinach, watercress, broccoli, bananas, avocado, dark chocolate
• Vitamin B6: meat, salmon, tuna, sweet potato, chickpeas
• Slow-release carbs: quinoa, wholegrain bread, houmous, brown rice, beans, pulses, oats, sweet potato, white potato with skins on
• Calming teas: lavender, camomile, rosemary, lime flower, fresh lemon balm, saffron, green tea
For more information, please call Sarah to discuss. Wishing you much happiness on your big day!